The parallels are simply stunning, and show the archetypes that made both legends:
- Super-speedsters in love with all-American babes.
- All-American babes in love with super-speedsters.
- Fin-headed red and blue take-charge leading men.
- Elastic heroes with enigmatic origins and abilities.
- Full-masked fighters imbued with enigmatic energy.*
- Flaming females partners of Great Britain's finest.*
- Green clad caped crusaders floating through the air.
- Winged warriors of exotic origin tied to bird people.
- Similiar clad blue & yellow lads shielded from harm.
- Shiny superheroes emit flame and ice respectively.
*Union Jack and Spitfire were Invaders rather than members of the Liberty Legion, however for purposes of this analysis we consider them in this context given their association with the Legion.