Roger Parsons shares more than a colorfully clad alias with Oliver Queen, he shared a passion for justice and its instrument of delivery in his hands. Shaped by tragedy, these men made legends for themselves in worlds filled with superhumans.
- Roger Parson was an orphan early in life when criminals took his parents' lives, much like Queen's ward Roy Harper.
- Learning to mastery archery, these men found outlets for their aggressions towards to criminal element around them.
- As the Golden Arrow and Green Arrow, one revealed his identity to the world while the other was as masked man.
- Both the golden age Oliver and Roger were tied to the American old west from which they derived their inspiration.
- While Speedy became Green Arrow's sidekick, Golden Arrow's only partner was his horse, White Wind.
- These men were more confortable on their own then with teammates, although even Roger on occasion met his fellow heroes.